This website is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), view the FTC website at www.ftc.gov
Collection of information
PayActiv may collect the following categories of personal information about you, including but not limited to the following:
- Enrollment & Registration Information: When you register for a Service, you will be asked for basic registration information, including but not limited to your mobile number, email address, employee ID, employer name.
- Identification Information: You may also be asked to provide identification information to validate your identity, including your first and last name, residence zip code, driver’s license or state identification number, and mobile phone number.
- Third-Party Credentials: We may ask certain passwords, usernames, account numbers, and other account information for third-party sites and Internet services ("Third Party-Sites").
- Third-Party Site Information: To display information to you or to fulfill your requests for certain products and services through Services, we may collect, on your behalf, your account and other personal information from Third-Party Sites that you register under your account via Services. Depending on the product or service you desire to access, we may also collect information about you from credit bureaus, consumer reporting agencies, mailing list providers, publicly available sources of information and databases, and other third parties.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. We may also collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Technical and Navigational Information: We may collect your computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Site. Among other uses, this information may be used to alert you of software compatibility issues or to improve our web design and functionality.
- Device ID: When you use the mobile versions of our Site, we may collect the unique device identifier assigned to that device by phone makers, carriers, or makers of the operating system (the "Device ID"). This identification allows others to uniquely identify your device for storing application preferences and other data.
Use of your information
We may use the information you provide about yourself and about your Third-Party Sites to fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and Services, to respond to your inquiries about our Services, and to offer you other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
We may use your information to complete transactions you request, to verify the existence and condition of your accounts, or to assist with a transaction. For example, we may use the account information you provide or that we collect from Third-Party Sites to confirm your accounts are valid and to access funds from your accounts in connection with the fulfillment of Services.
We may use your information to improve and personalize Services. For example, we may use your information to pre-fill form fields on Sites for your convenience.
We may also use the information you provide to manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support; communicate with you via e-mail, telephone, SMS, IM, postal mail and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you; develop and display content and services tailored to your interests on our website and other websites; develop and deliver targeted advertisements; measure effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming and other activities; manage our business; and perform functions as described to you at the time of collection.
Sharing of information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, defend against, or take other action regarding violations of our Terms of Service, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the legal rights or physical safety of any person or the security of our network, Sites or Services;
- To respond to claims that any posting or other content violates third party rights;
- In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Sites' users or the general public; or
- When required by law.
We take reasonable measures, including firewall barriers, SSL encryption techniques, and authentication procedures, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. No system, however, is perfectly secure. PayActiv uses reasonable efforts to safeguard the security of the Site and Mobile applications but there can be no guaranty that such safeguards will successfully prevent unauthorized alterations in the content or functionality. PayActiv assumes no liability or responsibility for any unauthorized alterations in the content or functionality of the Site and Mobile application. Neither PayActiv nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site and Mobile applications makes any representations about the suitability of the content for any purpose, nor that your use of the Site and Mobile application will be uninterrupted or error-free.
EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Note: Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusions of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
Email and SMS communications
We may provide our users with notifications and/or summaries of their Account Information via email and SMS alerts. We may also allow users to subscribe to email or SMS based newsletters, financial wellness tips, and or other relevant information, and from time to time may transmit emails and or SMS messages promoting PayActiv or third-party goods or services.
Subscribers have the ability to opt out of receiving our promotional emails and SMS messages and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails or SMS messages. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails and SMS messages, such as email and or SMS alerts.
Changes to your personal information
If you wish to access personal information that you have submitted to us or to request the correction of any inaccurate information you have submitted to us, you may correct certain information via your user account. Alternatively, you can send an email that includes your contact information to email@example.com to request any corrections to your personal information.
You may also email us if you wish to deactivate your account, but even after you deactivate your account, we may retain archived copies of information about you for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law.
California privacy rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Visiting our Websites From Outside the United States
If you have questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact compliance@ payactiv.com